Re: AW: [RC] heat buildup was 'too slow can cause problems' (Jim) - LSimoni197

There is an endurance book written by one of the early day greats which talks a bit about this subject.  This rider would sometimes push the horse before coming into a vet check.  The reason given was to get the heart pumping faster so that cooling could be more efficient because a greater volume of blood would be circulating to the surface of the horses body to cool off.  Something like, make the pump work efficiently.
I have tried this a little bit.  I am sure it depends on the temp./humidity of the day, and the individual horse.

Lynge