[RC] Maggie Price - Sandy Terp

I have known Maggie since I became involved in this great sport in 1989.  My 'favorite' Maggie story and I have many is:
It was the start of the Blue Mountain Gallop 50 back when Patti Pizzo ran it.  After winding your way out of camp there is a nice mile plus climb to the top of the ridge.  I was riding my sisters National Show horse that year.  Normally I compete Arab/App crosses very heavy on the Arab side but usually spotted.  Ahab is 16 hands and trots like there is no tomorrow.  We passed most of the field trotting up the hill and Maggie was in the group.  As I passed she yelled out to me "About time you rode something without spots!"  I wanted to yell back to her that he had less Arab in him then my own horses but Ahab was moving out.  After the last vet check there is the same climb up the back side of that  hill and then back down the way you started out.  We were walking at that point all by our selves when I heard Maggie coming up behind me.  I decided there was no way she was going to beat me out of 5th place even if I wasn't on one of my spotted horses.  Off we took with a big trot and put a good 15 minutes on her in the last few miles.  She has always been a wonderful motivator even if she was not necessarily trying to.

Sandy Terp
(Neigh-Per-Say)
www.neighpersay.com