Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 4:54 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] pulse recovery

I agree with what Dot's saying...she's had great horses and she rides smart.  But where are we going with this?  Let's just give people 20 minutes to get to a 40 pulse and then boot them out!!!  We can then turn this into a nice safe pleasure trail ride!

Personally, I think the 60 pulse is a good recovery rate.  As Dot mentions, it has come down from 72 in the last 30 years, and rides have slowed considerably.  Our Idaho rides that could be won in 4 to 4 1/2 hours are now taking 5 1/2 to 6 for the WINNERS.  The back of the pack is slowed down even more.

Barb McGann, AERC # 840