[RC] funny "small horse" story to share - Kathie Ford

Hi again, just thought of a story with Dolly that I thought I'd share for a chuckle.

Dolly is 13'3 and does a lot of everything. She is a cute bay mare that has a heart of gold and at almost 18 looks like a 10 year old.

Anyway, when my older daughter rode her at her first eventing show she was riding Novice level.  Jumping around 3 feet.  Dolly bombed at the dressage (Tiff never taught her that-was stubborn and didn't like it at the time)  anyway, did great in Cross Country and finally the stadium jumping.  Well, all thru this we kept hearing people talk about how small she was and what she couldn't do.  After cross country the mumbling stopped a little bit.  Anyway, as she went in to do her stadium jumping we heard lots of people as she went in saying "she's too small!  She can't jump!  Why is that small arab in there?  Well, Dolly went in and jumped the first jump...we heard "oh!"  Then the next jump..."hummmm!  then "oh man!"...Well, when Tiff came out and nodded at the judge the judge gave her a big grin back!  She won and beat out a few Warmbloods!!!  And...she got 2nd in Cross Country!  Even with the low Dressage score she got 4th overall!

So thought that was a cute story.  The people stopped being critical.  She more than proved herself.  Another lady had a tiny arab there and she was beautiful in Dressage, very graceful.  Like poetry in motion!

My daughter that has dolly now likes Dressage and put her in a show last May.  She got 5th out of 27.  So she's good at what ever she's taught.  Great little horse.  I'm wondering what her grandaughter will be like.  We have her but she's not broke yet.  Well see if Rosie can follow in Dolly's foot steps.  Dollys registered name is RO Alkaida. I don't know pedigrees but I was told she was bred by the same folks who bread RO Grand Sultan, Becky Harts horse.  I believe he is small too?

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the story cause I thought it was funny!

kathie