[RC] free stud-regarding small horses - Kathie Ford

Hi all, since there was still interest and conversation regarding small horses,  my friend with the mustangs that I spoke of has a small grey stallion named "Gunner" who she wants to find a home for.  She says in his line there is size, but he is small.  She says that he has a very big heart though and would do well with the right person.  I think she said his only problem was he didn't get along with other horses well.  But I saw him on sunday and he was in with all the stud colts.  (she believes in socializing her studs-I agree) I didn't see him fight with anybody; infact it looked to me like he was near the bottom of the pecking order as he had several bites on him.  He really needs to be cleaned up. His mane is tangled, and his weight has dropped.  He has a pretty head and very typey.  He really needs a person to take care of him.  He is not broke and I think is around 9 or ten.  I fed for her for several days and he was never aggressive towards me.  I even moved his food and he never even pinned his ears.  He is free to a good home and does have papers.  But he will take a special person that has patience and is confident around a stallion.  I have never has a problem mingling with her studs.  He is a "diamond in the rough" to me.  I wish I didn't have five mares I'd take him myself.

I don't know if anyone is interested but if you are and live in California (specifically NO.) please feel free to email me and I'll put you in direct touch with her.

happy trails and still waiting for the rain?!!

kathie