[RC] power walk question - Karla Watson

My horse does have a very fast walk. I call it a "power walk." I ride by myself sometimes with a loose rein and "power walk" 10-12 miles with no trotting. Does this also help condition him as well or should I be trotting also? Would this be considered LSD or should I slow down more when doing that? We really work up a sweat and he really likes these power walks all by ourselves.

Karla Watson
Portland, Oregon