Re: [RC] AERC ride insurance - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 12/26/2003 9:59:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, maggieszoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm sure AERC insurance is not going to cover the CTR that isn't sanctioned and how many managers would pay for insurance from two different companies for the same weekend? They would most likely drop one event or the other. I'd hate to see that.
The way it works now for NATRC rides is that we can insure through Equisure and get a really discounted rate (I think its about $150 for the whole weekend, but I'd have to double check).  We have the option of finding our own insurance, but we get a great rate through Equisure so most rides insure that way....it is not required (as far as I know).  I have had great service as far as getting additional insured certificates at the last minute when needed and in advance. They have been super.  Basically we get a good discount for being with one insurance company, nobody is forced to insure with them though.  It makes so much sense, I was stunned that AERC hasn't been doing this all along......hellloooo group discount!!!? Each ride pays as they go....no big group thing...when you send in your sanction stuff you send in your insurance papers and fees as an individual ride.  Its pretty advantageous.   I'm sure AERC looked into all of this before they booked one insurance carrier...didnt' they?.

Sylvia