Re: [RC] Cherokee National Forest Property - Truman Prevatt

Contact Nancy Davilla. She is a broker for Jenkins and she lives right off the forest - not far from Roger Rittenhouse. Her number is (423) 253-6145 or (423) 253-2961.  We looked for a time on the Cherokee NF and it is difficult to find good pasture land right on the forest. The good pasture land is normally in the valley - and doesn't ajoin the forest. The forest is quite rough terrain in places. Also you need to make sure you are located near trails that are maintained since there can be a lot of dead fall in the forest which blocks trails.

We bounght some land up near Benton, TN a few years back but ended up selling it - got an offer we could not refuse. We then bought a smaller tract right next to Gee Creek Wildrness. There are horse trails in Gee Creek. The price of land there seems to be going off the ricter scale. We got our new tax assessment and the assessed value of the land is more than we paid for it four years ago so I suspect it's gone up by between 2X and 4X.

You also might want to contact Roger Rittenhouse.

Truman

Here is one property right in Cherokee National Forest....BUT 90 or so miles away from Chattanooga, TN. And it's only 3.18 acres. Maybe your buddy can contact this Realtor for more info on other properties in the area she is looking for, or at least get a contact number for another TN Realtor who may be able to help her.  Good Luck! Raven