Re: [RC] Horses getting hungup - Patsy Davis

I think my Sally would do the same thing.  I've never had her pull back when tied.  If she were free, I believe she would try to get to other horses.  She is very sociable.  But if she were caught that wouldn't be possible.  I think some kind of nose device on the horse would be a great help.

Patsy

Paddi <seamstob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My horses are taught to stand when tied. They do not fight or pull.
 If they were to get loose and they were caught by a tree they would not fight and break the reins , halter or lead they would stand tied waiting for someone to undo them.
People say they use leather because it will break better then biothane or nylon. I think it would have to be very weak poor quality dried out leather to break easily.
Trained horses do not forget the training once they are lost.
Hardware will give long before the strapping
Paddi Sprecher
Canadian Trail House

www.CanadianTack.com
1-866-987-4816 toll free order line
Canadian Distributor for Dixie Midnight No-Sweat Vent Pads
EasyCare Stirrups and Easy Boots
Biothane Tack, Skito Equalizer Pads
Cashel Flymasks
Yacht Braid Horse equipment