From: karine smeenk
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 11:28 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Sore feet

No, no, not my horse's feet, mine!! After an hour or so trotting I really have aching feet.....I have bought flex ride stirrups, I tried really wide shoes (for my wide feet) and I thought it seemed to help in the beginning, but once it started it was just as bad as allways.
I tried lowering the stirrups, but that worsens, I seem to stand on my toes more that way. Shortening is not a solution either, because then, my knees start to scream...
As soon as I start to walk, the pain ceases. So does anyone have an idea what else I can try exept to keep walking next to my horse?

TIA
Karin
France, where it was cold this morning but with lots of sunshine. Even with sore feet the ride was great.