[RC] Thanks for hack adviceRascal's - Laurie Durgin

thanks everyone. He isn't named Rascal for nuthin.He can be very good,very responsive and quiet one day and a "heckyon" the next. I had issues with him before on the running for home garbage.I used half-halts or turning and go back till he walked and settled, depending on t he terrrain.We had pretty much lerned the game.After an few times of going backwards, he'd anticipate my slightest move as "ok, we get to turn around now?""huh,huh, huh?"and wiggle just waiting till he could turn around.Talk about light on the bit.
Interesting about the hackamore flipping.As I said it seemed similiar to his reaction to a pelham I used a couple times in the beginning of trailriding:,cause I knew less, it was suggested as a way to stop or control him.Opposite effect, that's when he bucked and flung him head up.
I think I will replace the chain with a nylon or leather strap tomorrow and ride him in arena first. I did like the idea of him stopping better. With the waterford he doesn't mind it, but I have to really pull if he gets to thinking he is Napolean again.(its' the 14.2 1/2 thing, he's trying to prove he is a horse.) Of course I can't really use my bits ,cause of the tooth issue.(which I may have to put off a bit longer as my daughter truck just blew the engine:{ the transmission was last month:{
I will also take him on another trail, perhaps the oppisite direction and not in the evening(he is always antsier in the evening to get home FAST, you'd think he was afraid of the dark!Rascal's mom, Laurie