[RC] Torsion Saddles - Shellace A Williams

I got a new Torsion saddle about a month ago and have ridden it enough to
have a feel for it. I have never used a treeless - I started with Wintec,
then went to an Orth-Flex when the Wintecs didn't fit the horses, but I
didn't like the Ortho-Flex Patriot (I'm used to an english saddle). My
husband has a Sportsaddle, but I thought the Torsion might suit me better
since it looked more "english". The nubuck leather is not slick at all,
the workmanship appears very good, and for a saddle that looks like it
wouldn't be real secure, it is actually pretty good (grippy leather). I
like being able to lean forward to jump without getting impaled on a horn
or high pommel. I do seem to be unable to get much use out of the knee
rolls, since my horse is very round barrelled, and this spreads my legs
and turns my knees and toes out a bit. I have bad hips, but have had no
problems so far from this saddle. I feel closer to the horse with the
treeless, and seem to get a smoother ride than with the Ortho-Flex. I am
using a Skito pad. The billets are wider than standard, and its a tight
fit on my Toklat girth. I really need a new girth. Hope this answers
questions for the curious people on saddle hunts. (The Patriot will be in
the classifieds soon.)
                            Shelly & Shadow