[RC] new format as a forum - Debra Ager

Has anyone considered the possibility of reformatting ridecamp as a discussion forum rather than an e-mail list?  That way, a person could read psots to different topics and reply to the topics in which they have an interest.

I'm not sure how economically feasable it is, but I have seen other internet discussion groups where you go to a main webpage, then look over a list of topics and select the one that interests you.  You can see at a glance which are the hot topics and when was the past post to each one.  They usually have a folder icon next to each one which changes color or sprouts flames depending on how popular the topic is.

This type of forum also lends itself well to being a reference where one could look up information and postings on a specific topic directly.  Although I get the digest, I find it takes me at least five minutes per digest to scan each one (at three or so per day that's 15 minutes), then more time if I want to post a comment or response.  I find myself getting behind and having to delete some unread, which I hate to do since there are some real gems out there!

Just thought I'd bring this up to see if anyone has considered it.

Debbie