[RC] Trucks - goearth

When i had no truck, any truck was good was said before.  When i had a Ford F-100 it was a good truck and bartered it with some cash for BayMar.  When i got the new Ford Ranger it wasn't a good truck for hauling and i sold it.  When i moved up to the F-250 it was a good truck and still pulls after i sold it years ago.  It had a 460 motor and it ate gas (and i apologize to the Arabs who got a bad rap from me on gas hikes, we Americans are as much to blame and our gas prices are lower than in Europe and most of the world)  When i got the F-350 Diesel and a goose neck with living guarters, it hauled great except in the hills of Colorado where it should have had an injector fix or a Turbo.  Looking at some of the rigs in camps today it seems some have gone up to the Commercial line of Freightliners and such and very fancy living compartments.  Trucks like all of life are meant to reflect whatever the owner feels is their need or expenditure value.  Americans need bigger trucks and Europeans seem to get along nicely with small horse boxes, but there the price of gas is much more than here.  Its the American way to be bigger and better it seems.  A solid 3/4 ton 4X4 is all one would need i would think, unless you want to get into the big fancy rigs that are showing up more and more in RC's today, and then it just gets down to a matter of taste and style and $$$.  Everybody Be Happy with your current truck and read the book "Zen and the Art of Trucks" another Urban Legend.  Wal-Mart is the next Urban Legend as the bigger and better story continues knowing if i just said it'd be a beautiful day there would be those that disagree. Its gonna be a Beautiful Day. And as my last thought, It would be good to hear a poll from SERA on what kind of truck you drive, cost, mpg and towing capacity, and how many regions you compete in, and miles traveled per year for competitions? as it affects everyone on this list.ts