[RC] scratches - larry Miller

What works is what works.  If scratches is a reoccurring problem try giving SMZ, 20 pills a day, for 10 days.  Wha-la, no more scratches!  I cannot explain why this works, the pills I used were even 10 years old and had been used to treat my gelding for EPM.  All I know is that I don't fight the scratches issue with my mare like I use to.  But, if one uses SMZ, one needs to give a couple of months for the medicine to get out of the horse's system.  Jeanie