[Fwd: Re: Re: [RC] New Poll up]] - Jim Holland

Really? You don't think public opinion is not important?

Working on the problem? Who?  IMHO, that's laughable!

Ahem...until some of us got our "panties in a wad" over the "sweep it under the rug" attitude of the BOD last year, horse deaths were a no-no to even discuss. The members couldn't even see a Vet Committee Report. All "top secret". I even had a BOD member chew my butt for posting on the issue! At least there is now an on-going discussion. It seems that the "old timers" who have been around forever were a little "sensitive" on this issue and weren't ABOUT to "fess up" that they had failed to address it.

Read that "ignore it and hope it will go away"? I got news for you. It AIN'T going away. Me, Howard, and lots of others will see to that.

Remember "The pen is mightier than the sword".  I haven't seen YOUR signature on Matthew's proposal....or are you part of the problem? Guess what..."rider education" ain't enough. Time to step up the heat.....

Longevity doesn't offend me....with age comes wisdom....I'm old enough to know. What offends me is the lack of concern for the welfare of our horses because opinions are rooted in the past and justified by "experience and longevity".. <sigh>

Again, no offense, JMHO.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic
 And I don't see them running polls under the assumption that public opinion will have some magical effect on horse deaths, or even posting inflamatory posts designed to whip the emotions about the subject--I see them out working on the problem. Heidi