Re: Re: Re: [RC] New Poll up]] - Heidi Smith

>Ahem...until some of us got our "panties in a wad" over the "sweep it under the rug" attitude of the BOD last year, horse deaths were a no-no to even discuss. The members couldn't even see a Vet Committee Report. All "top secret". I even had a BOD member chew my butt for posting on the issue! At least there is now an on-going discussion. It seems that the "old timers" who have been around forever were a little "sensitive" on this issue and weren't ABOUT to "fess up" that they had failed to address it.

Huh??  Again, in that 30 years that you apparently find offensive, I can't think of a time when horse death has NOT been a concern, and when it has NOT been discussed, and when good minds have NOT been working on ways to prevent them.  Quite frankly, it is offensive that you apparently think their efforts aren't worth a damn.

>I haven't seen YOUR signature on Matthew's proposal....or are you part of the problem?

Uh, Jim--I don't think signing it is near as important as publicly supporting it--or haven't you read my all-too-frequent posts on the subject??

>Longevity doesn't offend me....with age comes wisdom....I'm old enough to know. What offends me is the lack of concern for the welfare of our horses because opinions are rooted in the past and justified by "experience and longevity".. <sigh>

Please justify those comments in response to my posts.  OR in response to my actions.  I find the insinuation that I am not concerned to be VERY offensive, quite frankly.  And I stand by my comments that action is far more eloquent than emoting.

Heidi