[Fwd: RE: [RC] New Poll up] - Jim Holland

Hmmm...you must be "in the know" more than the rest of us.  I've seen ONE Vet Committee Report on a horse death published so far...good job by Dr. Baldwin. How about the rest of 'em? Did I miss a few somewhere? As I remember, from last year's Convention, it was stated that all would be published....or has that fallen through the cracks? Was all that "hot topics" stuff at the Convention last year just "fluff"?  "About 10 fatalities?" ABOUT? Is a horse death that "Ho Hum"? <sigh>

ONE death is too many. Don't care about percentages, comparison to any other discipline, or as we say down here "who shot John". As I have said many times, a horse death at an Endurance Ride should be investigated at the level of a Space Shuttle crash. Anything else is unacceptable.

JMHO...

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

 Howard, stop exaggerating, Your numbers are incredibly off. We had about 20,000 starting entries in endurance competition (only and approximation, round numbers to make it easy) we had about 10 fatalities, this is 10/20,000 or 0.05%. five hundredths of one percent. And remember that not all of these were attributed to competition.