Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] New Poll up

99% (an arbitrarily chosen number) of our members do the right thing. 99%
of our riders don't need or benifit from vet gates or CRIs or rigid rules
concerning being at the starting line on time or only entering one event
(oops that rule disappeared w/o notice??) etc. 0.999% of our members
infrequently do not do the right thing. maybe .001% of our members
consistently do the wrong thing.

There are many ways to deal with the problems which are caused by not doing
the right thing. Whatever approaches are taken, one of the criteria for a
good solution should be to minimize the impact the solution has on the 99%
who do the right thing, to not overly react to those members that sometimes
do the wrong thing, and to fully and completely correct members who
consistently do the wrong thing.

hmmm. New Rule 14: members who are deemed to consistently do the wrong
thing (as arbitrarily and unquestionably determined by the Sanctioning
Director Zar of their home region since that person already has
unquestionable responsibilities) will be required to ride in the Junior
Division until such time as they stop consistently doing the wrong thing.

jt.