[RC] Trailers - JUDYK89

I just bought a trailer, Woo Hoo!!!  I'm mobile, lol.

Anyway....  It's a 2 horse slant load, modified stock with wall/windows on the nose side and slats on the rear side and rear door. (and I do have a super duty F250 to haul it with)

1)  There is one hook/loop per stall above the window.  I need to use this to tie the horse.  The question is, do you hang the hay net from the same hook?  It would then be in front of the window (which has bars and a screen if I choose to drop the window).  I would imagine I wouldn't want the hay net much lower than that?

2)  Do you always put shavings down?  Is this to absorb the urine and keep the horses from slipping?

3)  What type of hay bag is best/safest?  A net type or canvas with a hole in the front?  I have a collapsible large canvas bag that I use for the horses when tied to a post or trailer or whatever, but it sits on the ground.  Not a good idea?

4)  What type of trailer ties does everyone like?  Elastic?  Safety snaps?  Do you tie at all?

Thanks,
Judy in San Diego