Re: [RC] Slaughter the only option? - DarkHorseGoddess

>>But even if you choose to put a bullet in their heads instead of calling the vet, that is still more humane than selling them down the road to the killer buyers!!  I mean, come on people!  If you can't afford the $150-$200 it costs to humanely euthanize and dispose of your horse's body, maybe you should rethink the whole horse ownership concept

IMHO....if a horse person can afford to shoe their horses for the purpose of riding...then they sure as hell as can afford to pay the Vet to euthanize a horse~!! There is NO excuse for shipping a horse to slaughter...none!  NONE!

"At the end of his life he should be retired, adopted, or humanely euthanized if no better solution can be found. Anything else makes a mockery of the words which for centuries have been used to describe our game ... Sport of Kings" -John Hettinger, Trustee, New York Racing Association

Your horses have given you their ALL, heart & soul, you owe it to them to euthanized them at the end of their lives. Anything less than that, is cruel.

If you have too...set aside and save $10.00 each month, or $1.00 each time you ride your horse...to use for the purpose of giving your horse a humane death. Raven