Re: [RC] "endurance friendly" jobs - rrohwer Rohwer

Have a regular 40 hour a week, Monday thru Friday job.  I was able to change hours to 7AM to 4PM a few years ago.  Plus I live very close to work so usually have enough time in the evening to go train, plus on the weekends.  Have been at the job long enough to have 3 weeks of vacation a year, but only do about 6 or 7 rides a year.  Partly because of location, Western Montana, have to travel a lot and I am talking anywhere from 200 to 600 miles or further to go to "A" ride.  Other limitation is weather, once it starts snowing around here I won't chance getting out on the roads and traveling.  So I personally don't plan on competing between October through March but can sometimes start training in Feb, weather permitting.  I live in a valley where any direction you travel you have to climb a pass.  Just don't want to chance a wreck on slick roads.  A plus is that I am single so can set my evening/weekend schedule as I please.  That helps make life simple.  Winking smiley emoticon

Becky R. - Montana

Hi all,
I'm curious (and kind of burned out at my current job).  For those of
you that work, what kinds of jobs do you have that are "endurance
friendly', in that it allows you time to ride and condition, not to
mention have time off on the weekends to attend rides?  Do a lot of you
work at home or have your own business?  For those of you that have
horse related businesses (like all the places from which I buy my tack
and horse products), is it enough enough to pay your bills and allow
you to go to rides?  Not trying to be too nosy, just looking at
alternate career choices.  Realistically, I probably won't be able to
make any drastic moves, but I was wondering how everybody else does it.
  Thanks!

Dede