[RC] endurance-friendly jobs - Chipnml

I used to work at a police department on a 6-day-on, 3-day-off schedule.  This meant I always had one or two weekends a month free, and they also let us take our vacation days one at a time.  But I didn't like dispatching, so I quit.  Now I have a "barnsitting" business, where I take care of people's horses when they go out of town.  I also do barns on a regular basis M-F and exercise field hunters and polo horses occasionally.  While it keeps me fit for doing endurance, it's very hard to schedule.  My clients all know endurance is my priority from May to November, but I once tallied up how much money I lost every time I turned a job down to go to a ride and figured I could have bought a new truck by now instead of driving my 12-year-old Dodge.  Oh well, it's worth it.  I'm still horse-crazy enough at 46 to not want to do any  other job but working with horses, and then go do endurance when I'm not working.  Plus I get to take my dog to work, I don't have to wear nylons, and I'm usually done in time to come home, have lunch and take a nap!