[RC] related to hauling -(heads out windows) - Jonni Jewell

Soon as I unzip them, my guys just push them aside and hang their heads
out. The screens are just like regular size "window screens", but heavier
material...very tough. My hay stays in place very nicely with the screens
up. (I never drive faster than about 30mph with "heads out the window") <<<

So what, the impact of a horses head against a tree branch, passing truck
mirror, or rock kicked up from a tire won't hurt them if you are traveling
under 30 mph????? (if the vehicle coming the other way is only going 30,
that would be like hitting a wall at 60....) I guess until each individual
who lets their horses hang their heads out of their trailer windows has an
injury to their OWN horse, they just won't "get it" (is there no common
sense?) . Eye injury or loss from debris is very common.  Folks on this list
have mentioned their extended truck mirrors whacking the mirrors on a truck
coming the other way on a road, and snapping the whole thing off the truck.
Imagine what it could do to a horses face. How many ride camps have you
driven into that have branches hanging down, gravel roads, or narrow roads
with barely room for two rigs to pass each other, yet you will still see
some fool coming in, with their horses head hanging out the window. They
must think it is "so cute" to see their forelock whipping in the wind as
they go down the road. Wonder if it would still be "cute" to see that
forelock caught on a passing object, and ripped from the horses head. I'm
sorry, but people who let their horses hang their heads out their trailer
windows are just stupid. I would love to hear some kind of logic to allow a
horse to do so, that was WORTH the risk of the injury possibilities.
Jonni