Re: [RC] BLM Mustangs - Deblyons54

I don't understand what advantage there would be to keeping a BLM mustang a stallion or for breeding in general. Some reasons that come to mind are: no registration papers, increased risk of being injured when handling and training, offspring not terribly saleable and unknown characteristics in the pedigree. I know several people that adopt BLM mares then breed them, the foals often end of at the sale. Is it worth all the trouble to breed babies worth a few hundred dollars? I've seen some pretty nice wild horses but since nature selects for survival skills, conformation and feet may be a plus but trainability isn't high on nature's list.