Re: [RC] Mustangs-Interesting thoughts - Doubledal

-Your assertation that these horses have quality conformation
pretty much tells  me all I need to know about your knowledge of same.-

I really could care less about your opinion of my knowledge, Heidi.  Those
that know me know my credentials.  The purpose of my posts has only been to try
and inform those who might be considering a mustang as a sport horse (any type
of sport, not just endurance).  My advice to those people at this point would
be to educate yourself, do the research, study the history of these animals,
and make use of the web and all of the literature out there.  In addition,
make contact with some of the fantastic wild horse mentors out there
(www.whmentors.com).  Check out the adoptions, in person and on the web, and
make your own
conclusions.

I'm not saying that there aren't some problems with wild horse management -
to deny it would be irresponsible, but instead of ragging on the program, let's
learn what those problems really are and try to get them fixed.  I'm also not
implying that mustangs are the only way to go, but after training countless
horses in dressage and endurance, I can say that my mustang experiences have
been a delight.

Anyone who's interested in learning more about mustangs can feel free to
email me.

Karen
(giving up on any prospect of the rain letting up and dropping this topic to
go train my new horse)