[RC] kickers - Paddi

I do take responsibilty for my mare. I flag her tail, I warn riders that she may kick.
She has never kicked without reason, her patience is much better then mine. She has kicked when being used as a bumper for the rider behind. I asked the rider to back off. I told them more then once she will kick if they continue to follow that close.
I offered trail.
In nine years of endurance she has only kicked that one time at a ride.
What would your reaction be if someone behind you was crowding your space, stepping on your heels, pushing you at the mall or supermarket and would not stop.
If the rider can't keep their horse off the butt of the one in front maybe this is not the best sport for them.
Paddi

Take responsibility for your kicking horses. If they can not be broke of the
habit, maybe this is not the best sport for them. Maybe they kick because
this is NOT fun for them. Figure out WHY they kick. (it was interesting that
it seems more mares kick than the boys)