Re: [RC] Smart horse? Or just foolish? - Jim Holland

Tracy, didn't mean to hurt your feelings! :(  I applaude your efforts to
help. Just think this kind of tying is dangerous to the horse and
counter productive. It will "teach" the horse, but in all the wrong
ways.

Try demonstrating to the owners how you interact with your horses,
provide some literature on how to train a horse to tie.  Most clinicians
offer methods to address this issue. It will be a little harder now, but
horses don't hold grudges.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

"T.B.Pots" wrote:

OH Geez, now I feel just awful Jim!  Come on, I'm speaking on behalf of the
trainers at the barn...please don't make me feel like a total jerk...its not
my horse, I'm just trying to help.  Gosh.
Tracy
"who happens to care for her two "gals" very well, and just wants to offer
help to a little mare getting all dinged up at the barn she boards at". Yes,
I will suggest the natural horsemanship (because I use it on my horses to
positive results, but its falling on deaf ears I'm afraid.  But, I sure as
heck won't suggest the belly rope that Ted at Running Bear Farm suggested).