Re: [RC] Calif. burning up - Tiffany D'Virgilio

Title: Re: [RC]   Calif. burning up
on 10/29/03 9:05 PM, beth glover at bgloverhrsewmn@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Does anyone know any information about Cheryl and Steve Erpelding in Descanso? She is editor of Riding magazine? I heard that their town is completely engulfed by fire, and don't know if its a rumor.

Two of our friends have called to check in, and their houses are still there in San Bernardino and Alta Loma, but neighbors are burnt up. We are still unable to reach a friend in Crestline, and worrying about two friends in Big Bear as well.

There was a fire years back that devastated the area by Pasadena, its Eaton Canyon, and they reported that some jackass started a fire there yesterday in the same area...and they caught him red handed. So now I hear that the forests are closed for recreation. Eaton Canyon, well...everywhere that my friends and me ride, is either closed or burned up.   T

Descanso was lost, so was Cuyamaca. Seems endurance folks were hit hard because of where we have to live to train.
I'd like to kill the bastard who set this, especially since before living in AltaLoma, we lived for a couple years in Altadena, and yep, guess where my horses were boarded. Eaton Canyon, we lived only a little bit from there right near all that burned. You can still see all the burned poles at the barn up there.
Tiffany-who will now go to work in Riverside and hope my boss and her horses made it through-they are from Temecula.