[RC] Tetanus ? - Jim & Drin Becker

Bette wrote
"There can be  bad side effects to given the tetanus antitoxin to
the newborn which don't show up for 2 years--- disheartening.
Good luck with your mare
Bette

Since I have a mare ready to foal anytime now , the breeder actually told me she was due in late aug. or early sept. but I now believe she fibbed to me thinking I would not take the mare if I knew she was foaling this late in the year . What bad side effects are you refering to ? I am nervous as it is anyway as the mare had been given no WN shot so I sweated out that season using tons of fly spray :-) and then since I was told she was due to foal months ago I did all my shots then , I do have a tetanus shot on hand to give to the foal asap . And this morning we woke up to about an inch of snow on the ground with the temps dropping all day long . I  am going to  be a nervous wreck before this foal comes !
                       Drin Becker
                       Mtn Region