[RC] RP at Talladega - Truman Prevatt

Ok Folks,

We've tired this twice and it rained both times. Third time a charm - lets hope so. The weather report for the AL Yellowhammer ride at Talladega looks like perfect riding weather.

We will be there with an impression pad available to test saddle fit on Friday before the ride. We will also have material about the Reactor Panel saddle and have one can look at and maybe even ride in to try it out.

All donations for the saddle analysis will go to the Schmitt Phantom Ride.

Our truck will have a RP sign on the door.

A note about the Yellowhammer ride. For many years the Talladega endurance ride was one of the most challenging anywhere but doable. Because of the discovery of endangered fresh water mussels in the streams, trails had to be rerouted onto gravel roads, trails had to be closed and we lost this wonderful place to ride. What has happened over the last three years is a testament of what can happen when people work with the land managers. Three years ago SERA approached the forest service about bring back an endurance ride there and we had people willing to kick in and help the FS get the trails back in shape, etc.

In that period the FS has sponsored training days for people to learn how to properly build and maintain trails, the FS with many hours of volunteer help has opened new trails - thus getting them off the roads and back into the woods. SERA has donated money for the building of bridges over sensitive streams and helped install the bridges. There have been several people in SERA that have busted their chops the last three years turning a dream into a reality. As a result all riders (not just endurance riders) in the SE have a new large horse camp and new trails on which to ride. So come help us celebrate (there will be live entermant from a band after the awards). When people ask me why they should join SERA, I tell them that this is the reason. People banned together can make a big difference in this sport.

So I invite anyone that wants to see just what can be done when you work with the public land managers, to come to the the AL Yellowhammer ride this weekend. For those that can't make it to the Yellowhammer then you just might want to drop in on the Osceola ride in N FL - either to ride or help. Any ride manager can always use the help. I hear Howard is the head timer at Osceola and as we all know Howard needs all the help he can get :-).

Happy riding
Truman