[RC] Fires Everywhere !! - Vchorsegal

Hi Everybody-
 Glad to hear that many of you are okay.  Can anyone believe this ?  We are in Valley Center, at one time Sunday the fire was about a mile away coming towards us.  We had taken in extra horses, dogs, cats, and a Pet Tarantula for people affected by the fires, and had 28 horses at that moment.  Patrick had a plan to cut the fences/locks at the Valley Center High School football field and turn the sprinklers on.  The school is located directly across the street from us. (Convenient !) At that point jail for saving horses seemed like a fair swap- we relished the idea of some rest ! Sunday night there were fires all around us on the hilltops for about 150*, several as close as 3 or 4 miles away- flames on all the ridges.  We were very lucky- we have friends who weren't.
  Be safe everyone- Hope to be out on the trails again soon!    - Heidi Helly

p.s. If anyone needs help in this area, or a place for a horse/pet, call us at
     760-749-4063