Re: [RC] Current Fires - Tiffany D'Virgilio

Title: Re: [RC]   Current Fires
on 10/26/03 12:39 PM, Gary Daniels at gdaniels@xxxxxxx wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding the current wild-fires near Murrietta, Fallbrook and Rancho Cucumonga (Southern California).  I know that they are burning out of control and we surely have some endurance folks housing their horses there.  Just wondering if they are OK or if they may need anything

I just got home from two weeks in Europe. I live near the top of Archibald in Rancho Cucamonga. What a horror. News reports on the BBC, calls back and forth. My mom who was watching my kids at the top of San Antonio Heights had to evacuate within 10 minutes. She took my kids and came to my place. My dad stayed and wet down their roof all night and saved his house while many on their block burned to the ground.

Some homes at the top of my street are gone. There was a Morgan farm up there, hope they all got out in time. Also a large boarding stable right in the canyon. My horses have been breathing ash and smoke for a week, and are now sooty grey Arabs. Everything is a mess, but we are safe and I am thankful. I'll drive around tomorrow and see how bad things are-we got home after dark. I cried for all my gorgeous trails and wildlife areas. Most of all for friends who lost everything.

It's a sad time to live in Alta Loma, the heights, Claremont and all the other areas. Just devastating.
Tiffany