Re: [RC] [AERC-Members] Miinutes of the AERC BoD Conf Call Meeting Online - Truman Prevatt

Hopefully it was just bad wording. I suspect it "means" that new riders can ride but will receive only miles for their first X number of miles where X is unknown at that point - that is are not riding for placement. This seems similar to the Log Book type approach and clearly some details need to be worked for it to work.

I'm not against it if done correctly and I think it might just help new riders get on board into the sport better. The interesting thing is Jerry Fruth and I were taking about this very concept three years and when we proposed it to our spouses that we thought this might be a good idea. We got summarily trashed - laughed at, ridiculed, all the things a loving wife tends to do when they think their husband is full of it.

Now it's being talked about on the AERC BOD. My, my - as Bob Dylan noted "..the times they are a'changing.."

Truman

Bob Morris wrote:

2. Another rule change that may arise pertains to a new rule prohibiting people from receiving placings or competing in their first couple of months of competition to further protect the equine. Discussion will take place at the midyear meeting, with publication in the magazine for the membership and voting to follow at the convention.

Does this really mean what it says? "prohibiting people
competing in their first couple of months of competition"?
Now, how does one enter a competition
and participate with out competing? Does this mean that no
matter what, the competitor must finish last? Does it mean
that if I have a well conditioned horse and finish first, I
will be denied my placing because I am not a veteran rider?
What is the meaning of "in their first couple of months"?
One ride? Four rides? 25 miles or 100 miles? Is this every
year for every rider? How would this affect those riders not
regular members of the AERC?

This sounds like a NIMBY rule. I have mine and I am going to
make it tough for you to get yours. I do not believe that
this is a rule that we need.

Bob

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises