[RC] [Guest] Mailbu ride postponed - Ridecamp Moderator

Barb Thomas thomas@xxxxxxxxx
Hi to all,
It is with regret that I have to announce that the Malibu ride scheduled to run this weekend will be postponed to a later, yet to be determined date. The fires that are devastating this area and almost all of the PSW region have created such a threat both from the flames and the smoke that it is unsafe and certainly unhealthy to ask our equine friends to undertake the challenge of the Malibu trails. I'm peaceful about it and will post the
revised date when it's been decided. After all, it is the 30th anniversary of the ride, the 25th anniversary of the Backbone trail over which part of the ride goes so it will go on, just another day.
Please keep everyone in the Southern California area in your prayers and thoughts. The news cannot begin to project the destruction and damage these fires are causing. I've been working equine evac all weekend and some of the areas have no vegetation of any kind left. The fire actually came within four miles of my house but has moved on and so far, we're safe. I
feel most for those who have lost their homes, pets, horses or other stock or even loved ones in these fires.
Take care and when I have a new date, I'll post it.

Barb Thomas
Malibu 2003 Ride Manager