Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Hawk will be back and Ft. Valley and Automatic Sanctions - john thunder

Tom,
That you feel no shame for thinking this was a good thing for our sport is in itself a real shame, but thats not the issue, and neither is the distance. The 2nd rider was galloping from the out timer and if it's the most exciting race you've ever seen you really need to get out more often. All I'm saying is the potential for a lot of damage is being built into that particular ride and I pray to God it never happens but why push the envelope when it could be prevented?

From: "goearth" <goearth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Hawk will be back and Ft. Valley and Automatic Sanctions
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:59:11 -0400

Yes, you are correct, it was not 300 yds, it was 504' according to my wheel.
It was 1.1 mile from the out timer at Hickory Lane to the finish according
to my speedometer. Jeannie had a one minute lead out and came over the hill
at a slow canter and she heard thundering hooves and Danielle being very
vocal. So when Danielle came upon Jeannie 504' from the finish i witnessed
the most intense and exciting horse race i have ever seen. I feel no shame.
tom sites