Re: [RC] automatic sanctions - Truman Prevatt

Roberta Jo Lieberman wrote:
terre wrote:

There has been considerable comment about "guilt" and "punishing the

innocent"---I think you are looking at this the wrong way.  Consider
this: You could compare this with what happens when a police officer
shoots somebody; they have an automatic suspension (desk duty) until the
incident has been investigated.

My last post on this. Most law enforcement I know of (federal) will put an agent on desk duty when they discharge their firearm in the line of duty. It is investigated. The investigation is a high priority and it is designed to resolve the issue in a timely manner. If someone is injured or killed in the investigation will take longer.
Okay then, to maintain the parallel, just let the person ride for completion
(not placing) only until the investigation is complete.
That I think is a good idea - while any investigation is on going the person can sill ride but for mileage only - but they can still ride.

The benefit of this approach - no guilt is asociated since it is standard procedure. No one case is targeted over another.

Bobbie in Escondido, Calif.
(trailers hooked up and ready to roll but holding our own, so far, and
praying for continued calm winds)

Good luck to you guys. I'd like to send a hurricane your way to get some water on the ground :-).