Re: [RC] To Katey and The Rest on Ridecamp - Truman Prevatt

Sorry Steph, couldn't help myself. Frank, this could have not been said better.

Truman

DVeritas@xxxxxxx wrote:
    Letting the horse, the trail and the weather dictate that is the only thing that will work.
    Period.
    Anything other than those three things, and we riders and our horses will eventually face a different kind of truth...
    ...that is, living things suffer...living things die.
    I've never read a beautiful poem about a buckle.
    I've never seen a personal check, regardless of the amount, single-mindedly give birth and immediately love without condition.
    I've never felt the heartache, the utter sinking of my heart into the blackest hole, to equal the feeling when a friend, a true hero, allows a final whinney to catch the breeze as they step onto that zephyr that, one day, carries all horses to that ultimate CRI where every horse is 48/40, and eagerly seeks whatever forage, whatever water and whomsoever's hand reaches out to pat them, to draw them close and kiss them softly on the muzzle, feeling the heart-exhaust pass through their nostrils and warm the skin a final time.
    Sappy...yes, I am....and I'll have nothing else to say on the matter.
    For me, there is nothing else.
    ---Frank Solano...except it is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.