[RC] To Katey and The Rest on Ridecamp - DVeritas

Yeah, Katey, it IS clear and quite simple.  Perhaps that's why I "get" it...it is simple.  It's when the "really smart" people in the world try to find something around that corner up ahead, that clearly marked corner up ahead...."Slow Down, Your Horse Has a Measured Life and a Limited Ability to Endure."
    I'm not talking about making winners of hundreds and fifty's quit "racing", just to do it within the framework of the horse and the conditioning.
    That just won't ever happen.
    So, folks are trying to MAKE it happen.
    The only way for it to happen is for each individual on a horse at a ride/race to recognize the very simple limits of their particular horse.
    For some reason, something stupid kicks in when some of us get in a pack of eager horses with even more eager riders.
    I know I've been there and I know you've probably found yourself there, too.
    For me, it was at that moment in time that I had to make a decision about WHO I would be when I was on my horse, whether at a ride or at home.
    You know how life usually seems to come down to the decisions we make, regardless of any other circumstance?  We, individuals, just have to make the right choice, the right decision and having an organization, you or anyone make that decision for us will never work.
    Letting the horse, the trail and the weather dictate that is the only thing that will work.
    Period.
    Anything other than those three things, and we riders and our horses will eventually face a different kind of truth...
    ...that is, living things suffer...living things die.
    I've never read a beautiful poem about a buckle.
    I've never seen a personal check, regardless of the amount, single-mindedly give birth and immediately love without condition.
    I've never felt the heartache, the utter sinking of my heart into the blackest hole, to equal the feeling when a friend, a true hero, allows a final whinney to catch the breeze as they step onto that zephyr that, one day, carries all horses to that ultimate CRI where every horse is 48/40, and eagerly seeks whatever forage, whatever water and whomsoever's hand reaches out to pat them, to draw them close and kiss them softly on the muzzle, feeling the heart-exhaust pass through their nostrils and warm the skin a final time.
    Sappy...yes, I am....and I'll have nothing else to say on the matter.
    For me, there is nothing else.
    ---Frank Solano...except it is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.