[RC] HRM and Supracor Coolback pad - Typef

I was wondering if any of you are using a heart rate moniter with a supracor coolback pad. I absolutely love my pad, but after I got it, I haven't used the hrm because it left a big welt when putting it behind the withers. My horse isn't very meaty back there and when I removed the saddle after a 10-mile ride, you could almost read the letters imprinted on the electrode. Kidding, not that bad, but the square ridge that sits up around the outside of the electrode was clear as day, along with the actual outline of the outside of the electrode edge.

Is there another place I could put it where it wouldn't receive as much pressure but would stay put? Would love to use it this weekend but am afraid to.

:) Jackie and Tank