Re: [RC] the sport? - Merryben

In a message dated 10/22/2003 8:08:09 PM Central Daylight Time, jlong@xxxxxxxx writes:

Have a prerequisite for entering 100 mile rides.  I suggest 300 miles of 50's before a horse is allowed to do it's first 100 miler.

There are many who started with a 100 miler and it was Tevis.  Bob and Julie Suhr come to mind, as does Rio whose first 100 was Tevis, which he won.  There are many, many others who started with 100's and many more of us who started with 50's because there was nothing else.  All of my juniors, about 10 to 20 of them started with 50's and loved it.  mb