Home Shop Classified News, Stories Events Education Ridecamp Videos Cartoons AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

Re: [RC] the sport? - Stephanie E Caldwell

They aren't practicing.  They are control vets.  The treatment vets
need to be licensed.  California law, according to the vet board, is
that if a control vet who isn't licensed has to treat in an emergency,
they can do so under the (telephonic) guidance of a licensed vet.

I don't have the law in front of me, so I might be a little off. But, when
my case for practice of veterinary medicine without a license went through
the vet board it was my understanding that to do anything to do with vetting
that the vet had to be licensed. The inspector and I had a long talk about
it last year, he said even minor things like watchign a trot out would be
considered practice without a license.

NC is really strict, though, much more than surrounding states. There's a SC
vet that is a licensed vet and Equine Dentist that doesn't haev an NC
license and can't practice up here.



Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net.
Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp
Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp

Ride Long and Ride Safe!!


Re: [RC] the sport?, Lynne Glazer