Home Shop Classified News, Stories Events Education Ridecamp Videos Cartoons AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

Re: [RC] the sport? - Lynne Glazer

They aren't practicing. They are control vets. The treatment vets need to be licensed. California law, according to the vet board, is that if a control vet who isn't licensed has to treat in an emergency, they can do so under the (telephonic) guidance of a licensed vet.


On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 06:32 PM, Stephanie E Caldwell wrote:

5) All AERC vets most hold a license. It doesn't have to be a license
in a state where the ride is held, but, it does have to be a license in one
of the 50 available. No unlicensed vets at any AERC rides.

I'm not sure in other states, but here in North Carolina it seems that would
be against the law for an unlicensed vet to practice. Isn't that a big
liability for AERC?



Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net.
Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp
Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp

Ride Long and Ride Safe!!


Re: [RC] the sport?, Stephanie E Caldwell