Re: [RC] Ariat Terrains - MtnRondi

I recently bought a pair of Ariat Terrains and really love them. I live where there are a lot of rocks and steep hills and they had a good test when I dismounted and led down a steep rocky hill. No slipping like had been happening in my old worn out Ariats. I like the fact that they don't have really deep grooves in the soles, so dirt and rocks don't get stuck and they don't grab my stirrups when I dismount.

The thing I do not like about them is that I cannot get my half-chaps over them. I finally found an old pair of half chaps in the bottom of my closet that were wide enough and fastened with velcro instead of a zipper. I always use half chaps, so now when I use the new Terrains I guess I will have to get used to not using them or using the old crummy pair.

Bonnie
So. Calif.