[RC] 25s for the first year? - Larry Miller

Heidi has some damn good points.  Loosen up folks and listen to your horse.  It isn't how many miles one does on the horse, it is how one listens to the horse.  All my guys have had comp riding for about 3 years before they hit the endurance trail.  And then I went straight to 50s.  This doesn't mean that I wouldn't have done LDs cause I did.  What I did do  was back to back 25s or a tad longer on the same weekend.  Horse learned real quick that it was not done yet.  Your training with your horse is what you make of it.  What works for one is not going to work for another.  And unfortunately one cannot cover every scenario either.  Just do the best that you can.  Jeanie