Re: [RC] [RC] what's the point... - Dana B.

Truman wrote:

>" I've been to a lot of trail rides, benefit for this and
> that. And I've > never seen one out of 7 horses lined up at IV's even
> before the ride was > finished..."

then Penny wrote:

"Ahhhh, I have but, there were no vets there to intervene
and help horses by putting them on IV's...I have seen fat
out of shape horses overridden, colicky horses, horses
tieing up, horses ridden with ugly open sores and alot of
uncaring/ignorant? *horse people* that thought it more
important to drink beer and socialize after tha ride than
properly tend to their horses. Don't kid yourself it
happens in other venues besides endurance."

Exactly!  I personally have walked aound at rides like this saying "Er, do you know your horse has blood in its urine?"  "Er, do you know your horse is colicking?"  I can't do rides like these any more because I feel like I have to ride everyone's horse for them.  As for jugging them, not hardly. These horses just get tossed in trailers and dumped back in their pastures to fend for themselves.  Nope, not a fair comparison at all.

Dana

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx