[RC] RE : Its not the distance - saioak

1."Endurance done right is beneficial to horses--it makes them fitter,
healthier, and adds useful years to their lives--providing it is done
right."

2." After years in private equine practice, I can tell you that it would
be ideal to have a practice full of endurance horses--less colics, less
founders, less illnesses, but lots more consultation on wellness
strategies! "

Heidi Smith DVM ......

While your overall Post was excellent;  these two statements taken from
the body of your Post are the reasons that I fully endorse Endurance
Riding versus any other equine activity that the Arabian horse competes
in.

The Arabian horse thrives in the attention of his owner a characteristic
that was treasured by the Bedouins. Their stamina, endurance and courage
the reason they have survived for thousands of years. Endurance Riding
and the competition thereof is the "only" true test of it's proud
heritage in the modern world.

The attention to detail; conformation, feed, fitness, training ect. ect.
shown by those who have purchased my horses for Endurance makes me rest
easy  knowing they are in good hands with people who love and care for
their well being.

More than anything else, I feel that with good stewardship the Arabian
horse will continue on true to his heritage for hundreds of years....
Endurance Racing in the modern world is an important testing ground of
that heritage.

Heidi your among the best "Stewards"  this sport has,  keep up the good
work.

Bev Scott   Ocala, FL.