[RC] michel bloch/monsieur - Kathie Ford

Well, hope I don't get into trouble for this but I'm just trying to clarify something simple regarding the tevis winners this year.  And I was at the finish line also and watched them enter for their lap and observed the VC and returned for the BC. the next am at the fairgrounds.

First hand knowledge from my vet (I live local) who was at Robinson earlier and later at the last stop at the quarry.  He personally witnessed this and the conversations between Heather and Michel at the quary. They had ridden together on and off through out the day, but Heather had been first before him at the quarry.  As she was leaving the quarry, she had already crossed the line, had her out time, Michel called out "wait for me!" and she smiled and did.  It was apparently a nice, light moment.  But clearly, if she had chosen to go on she would have been several minutes ahead anyway.  But she was gracious also to him.  Something unsaid so far.

I don't know her personally so I have no interest in protecting her.  That is just what my vet shared with me cause we always "talk tevis" when I see him... He said it was "good sportsmanship" on her part at that moment too.

I'm sure this ties in nicely with the other person who posted he was witness to their conversation around No Hands bridge.  Of course he should let her cross first cause she cordially had waited for him even though she was on her way out of the quarry.  Hope this is put to rest nicely for once and all......:)

They both gave something nice.

hope this helps.

kathie