Re: [RC] [Guest] Adios/Metabolic failures@ PAC - Maggie Mieske

I only had one Ken Cook show up under my search.  I searched twice so.....don't know about that.
It seems to defeat our purpose when we are unkind to each other especially when we all pretty much have the same concerns which is to protect our horses.  We need to SUPPORT each other in learning how to avoid these awful metabolic crashes.
You stated:  Numerous riders at that level put fluids back into thier horses post ride, just for the sake of helping them replenish faster.

I have never heard of anyone doing this in Michigan or even the midwest and frankly don't think it's a smart idea (and NO I am not a vet).  If horses aren't recovering fast enough and people are doing this for convenience sake, something isn't right (in my opinion anyway).   Do others see this happening?  And if they do, WHY?  Shouldn't administering IV fluids be something reserved for something absolutely necessary?  I can't see making a habit of this.  I am interested if others are doing this and why...
Miles of smiles,
Maggie
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."  Christopher Reeve