Re: [RC] [Guest] Adios/Metabolic failures@ PAC - Klc5355

In a message dated 9/28/03 7:16:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ridecamp-moderator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Lilean Nicolaison
At the PAC games, I saw 6 horses (with my
own eyes) that were in serious metabolic failure  including dehydration,
chemical imbalances, severe diarrhea.  I saw others that were brought in
due to "lameness" that later became metabolics, that were not in the
statistics that you counted.  And I saw several others that were metabolics
that returned to stable within a shorter time.
These seem to be some pretty serious obsevations from someone without a DVM after thier name. I would like to know how you know these horses were in chemical imbalance, and metabolic failure? Did you draw blood? Did you physically test thier parameters? Or was this observation just based on your years of experience at these rides?
Ken Cook. AERC West Region

Ride History for Lilean Nicolaison  (AERC#:M32375)

Ride Summary
season LD
miles
miles rides completions overall